Do you have a blog on google blogger ? or Do you want to create your blog on Blogspot ? If yes then for sure you will need custom domain for your blogger blog.
When you create a blog on blogspot . Your blog address look like https://domain.blogspot.com . Which is not good for search engine to rank as well you reader will not like that lengthy domain name.
So,today I’m going to show you how to get a free top level domain for blogger blog. We will be registering the the free domain from freenom free domain provider. Also freenom domain is known as dot tk (.tk) domain.
Freenom provide the following free domain :
Here in this article I’m going to guide you on how to get free domain for blogger blog from dot .tk free domain provider and also going to guide you on how to park .tk domain on your blogspot blog. The free domain we are talking here are 100% free domain but only for 1 year.
After 1 year you have to pay for the domain. But don’t worry because if you are serious blogger you can earn a lot from your blog to pay for the domain after 1 year or to renew free domain.
Anyway lets start with the process of registration of free domain name for blogger blog.
How to get Free Domain for Blogger Blog
- First go to Freenom website and on Check Availability Box Enter your desire domain name and make a search.
- Then it will show you list of available domain name with .tk .ml etc extension.
- Select any one you want and click on Get it now .
- Now click on Checkout and Then continue option ( don’t forget to select 12 month @Free option.)
- On next step enter your email address and click on verify my email address option.
- Check your email inbox you will be sent one verification email. Click on that email and verify your email address.
- On next page enter personal details like your name, your address , your phone number etc and click on Complete Order.
Now you are done with the registration of free domain name for blogger blog. Its time to Park or you can say to Add the domain name to your blogger blog which is https://domain.blogspot.com . To Park the free domain on your blogger blog follow below method.
How to Add Free Custom domain on Blogger
- Now to add the .tk or custom domain name to your blogger blog, Login to blogger dashboard.
- Next visit settings>Basic and click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog .
- Here you need to enter your domain name which you have registered on .tk or freenom website just recently . ( Don’t forget to ADD www before the domain name just like the image below. )
- Then click on Save option and it will show you an error with two CNAME record, let this window or tap open as we need to enter this two record on freenom website under DNS Zone.
- So, again visit Freenom Website and click on service>My Domain.
- Click on Manage DNS and then click on Manage Freenom DNS.
- Here you need to enter the two CNAME record that you got from blogger and four A Record just like the image below.
- After that go to to blogger and click on save option and done. You have to click on Redirect domain.tk to www.domain.tk , so that you wont have any error loading the blog under www version.
So hope by now you have successfully added the custom free domain from .tk to your blogger blog.
Now you blog address will be www.domain.tk instead of https://domain.blogspot.com . Also dont forget to enable https on your blogger custom domain , for which we have already written a guide.